Дом ученых


            перейти в рубрику
карта
Дом ученых / The House of Scientists
Дом ученых - двухэтажный особняк у Сабанеева моста, когда-то принадлежавший графу Михаилу Толстому (дальнему родственнику великого русского писателя). Построен в 1832 году в стиле русского классицизма.

Толстые были известны в Одессе как меценаты, финансировали строительство нового Оперного театра и Публичной библиотеки, при их доме работала воскресная школа для бедных. После революции 1917 года, как и многие другие дворянские особняки, усадьба Толстых была передана Одесскому дому ученых. Здесь работают научные общества, проводятся презентации и выставки, создан музей.

Интересно, что первый телефон в Одессе был проведен из Оперного театра в особняк Толстых - так граф, попечитель театра и большой любитель музыки, мог слушать оперу не выходя из дома.


The House of Scientists is a two-storey mansion near the Sabaneyev bridge, once belonged to Count Mikhail Tolstoy (distant relative of the great Russian writer.) Built in 1832 in the style of Russian classicism.

The Tolstoys were known in Odessa as patrons of the arts, they financed the construction of the new Opera House and the Public Library, at their house there worked a Sunday school for the poor. After revolution of 1917, like many other noble houses, the Tolstoys mansion was transferred to Odessa house of scientists. Here are research companies, a museum, presentations and exhibitions are held.

It is interesting that the first phone in Odessa was installed directly from the Opera house to the Tolstoys mansion - that way, the count, the trustee of the theater and a great lover of music, could listen to an opera without leaving home."